The release for Project Clearwater sprint “Onix” has been cut. The code for this release is tagged as release-108 in github.
In this release:
- We’ve enhanced clearwater-docker so that storage services are run in their own containers (bringing us closer in line with standard microservice design principles) and ensured that it is now possible to scale Docker deployments up to include clusters of storage nodes. We’ve also documented the use of Weave Scope as a convenient tool for visualizing Docker deployments. See the clearwater-docker README for more information.
- We’ve added support for RFC 4169, allowing AKAv2 authentication in VoLTE or VoWiFi networks in addition to our existing AKAv1 support.
- We’ve updated our OpenStack Heat templates with the ability to automatically launch and configure a FHoSS (OpenIMS Core HSS) instance as part of an IPv6 Clearwater deployment. This is available as an optional alternative to using Ellis.
This release includes the following bug fixes:
- Bono doesn’t support alias_list configuration option (https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/issues/488)
- Memento is not redundant if one cassandra fails (https://github.com/Metaswitch/memento/issues/3)
- etcd restarts repeatedly, saying “the member has been permanently removed from the cluster” (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-etcd/issues/320)
- extract database servers to separate containers (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-docker/issues/4)
As part of this release we are re-working our debian packaging to make our package structure clearer. These changes give us a much clearer view of what each of our components comprises, and how that differs from what runs on a Project Clearwater node. For each node type, there is now a corresponding ‘–node’ package. These are meta-packages which pull in all of the components needed to create a fully functioning Clearwater node of that type.
There are extra instructions specific to this release that you must follow in order to upgrade your Clearwater deployment (this includes both those deployments installed manually and created using Chef) and install the above –node packages:
- Firstly, upgrade your existing packages to the latest version
- On each node in your deployment, run `clearwater-upgrade`, and install all updated packages.
- Install the new meta-packages, to ensure future upgrade compatibility.
- On your Bono nodes, run `apt-get install bono-node`.
- On your Sprout nodes, run `apt-get install sprout-node`. If you have memento on your sprout node, also run `apt-get install memento-node`.
- On your Homestead nodes, run `apt-get install homestead-node`.
- On your Homer nodes, run `apt-get install homer-node`.
- On your Ellis nodes, run `apt-get install ellis-node`.
- On your Ralf nodes, run `apt-get install ralf-node`.
You should then follow the usual instructions at http://docs.projectclearwater.org/en/stable/Upgrading_a_Clearwater_deployment.html. If you are deploying an all-in-one node, the standard image (http://vm-images.cw-ngv.com/cw-aio.ova) has been updated for this release.