The release for Project Clearwater sprint “Quilava” has been cut. The code for this release is tagged as release-110 in GitHub.
In this release we:
- Upgraded the version of Cassandra that runs with Project Clearwater to 2.1.15.
- Enhanced the Project Clearwater BGCF to route based on the phone number in the request URI if the request URI represents a phone number and no routing number parameter is present.
This release also includes the following bug fixes:
- Zoiper client sometimes fails to register subscribers (https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/issues/1567)
- Homestead-node always installs homestead-prov, but not all Homestead nodes want this (https://github.com/Metaswitch/homestead/issues/380)
- etcd continuously crashing (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-etcd/issues/346)
- build sprout docker image error (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-docker/issues/35)
As mentioned above, as part of this release we are upgrading to Cassandra 2.1.15. To upgrade an existing deployment you must therefore follow the one-time extra upgrade steps below:
- Before upgrading, on each node running Cassandra, run “/usr/share/clearwater/bin/run-in-signaling-namespace nodetool upgradesstables”. The nodes that run Cassandra are Homestead, Homer, and Memento (which can be run on a Sprout node).
- Upgrade all nodes as normal, following the instructions at http://docs.projectclearwater.org/en/stable/Upgrading_a_Clearwater_deployment.html.
- After upgrading, on each node running Cassandra, run “/usr/share/clearwater/bin/run-in-signaling-namespace nodetool upgradesstables”
If you are deploying an all-in-one node, the standard image (http://vm-images.cw-ngv.com/cw-aio.ova) has been updated for this release.