The release for Project Clearwater sprint “Umbreon” has been cut. The code for this release is tagged as release-114 in GitHub.
In this release we’ve:
- Updated our API documentation for the new cached data API (at https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/blob/dev/docs/ManagementHttpAPI.md and https://github.com/Metaswitch/homestead/blob/dev/docs/ManagementHttpAPI.md)
- Improved the process for recovering the etcd cluster if it’s lost quorum – the new, more reliable process is at http://clearwater.readthedocs.io/en/stable/Handling_Multiple_Failed_Nodes.html.
This release also includes the following bug fixes:
- Shutting down one Sprout VM of a duplex pair causes calls to fail for 10 seconds (https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/issues/1657)
- Setting the Chronos hostname in shared config means that Sprout can’t start (https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/issues/1656)
- REGISTER expires 0 gets 401 Unauthorized rather than deregistering (https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/issues/1640)
- ‘IMPI store operation SET failed’ SAS log is unhelpful – it says “Reason: Error” (https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/issues/1601)
- nginx fails to start on Homestead nodes (https://github.com/Metaswitch/homestead/issues/416)
- Homestead doesn’t attempt to reestablish its diameter connection to the HSS (https://github.com/Metaswitch/homestead/issues/407)
- HSS handover fails (https://github.com/Metaswitch/homestead/issues/404)
- cw-radius-auth introduces login lag (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-infrastructure/issues/407)
- Config files do not exist by default (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-etcd/issues/361)
- Force decommissioning an etcd cluster doesn’t work like the docs suggest (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-etcd/issues/350)
- bono can’t connect agentx master agent (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-docker/issues/43)
- Sprout sometimes fails to establish a connection with SNMPd (https://github.com/Metaswitch/clearwater-net-snmp/issues/10)
To upgrade to this release, follow the instructions at http://docs.projectclearwater.org/en/stable/Upgrading_a_Clearwater_deployment.html. If you are deploying an all-in-one node, the standard image (http://vm-images.cw-ngv.com/cw-aio.ova) has been updated for this release.